jmdkm – Red Sea [SLNT022]
'Red Sea' is jmdkm’s 2nd audio release and is based on electro-acoustic improvisation. jmdkm likes to present an almost soothing notion of sound. This collection tries to capture a more beat-driven gesture. The arrangements are edgy, eerie and somewhat overwhelming perhaps. The general idea is to perform and represent true ambient.
- play_circle_outline pause_circle_outline 1. three two one and we are off [04:05]
- play_circle_outline pause_circle_outline 2. so many concubines and no spare set of shoes [03:54]
- play_circle_outline pause_circle_outline 3. poughkeepsie bonfire [01:53]
- play_circle_outline pause_circle_outline 4. whatever it takes to take you there [05:33]
- play_circle_outline pause_circle_outline 5. chinnamoney grey [03:32]
- play_circle_outline pause_circle_outline 6. soft catchy caveman is so funny [02:47]
- play_circle_outline pause_circle_outline 7. considering leaves [06:36]
- play_circle_outline pause_circle_outline 8. as far as my eye can taste [05:24]
The actual recordings came together by using: AM frequencies, toy keyboards, winds, percussion, FX & digital editing. The arrangements were written between 2009-2011 (Croatia / the Netherlands).
05 Mar 2011
All tracks are being composed and arranged between 2009 and 2011, using everydaylife home- and fieldrecordings in combination with digital editing en FX in attempt to construct lyrical and soothing structures of sound. This collection came together after using these specific tracks in situations of relaxation or even meditation. In an effort to combine 3 years of focussing on soundscapes, jmdkm tried to assemble a sensitive release, although edgy in some parts, the main notion remains to poetical and somewhat soothing…
jmdkm has been active in the arts since 1994, particularly in painting, photography and sound. He has been in a self-centered experimenting mode which has possibly gone into a naive approach. This is related not only in lacking an academic context, but especially with the presence of ‘a hysterical purpose’ of creating and re-arranging. The emphasis always lies on collage, the material is being fragmented and re-arranged. jmdkm is trying to find a line of purely structural forms in a grotesque but systematic artistic perception. jmdkm is trying to create lyrical archetypes.